Electrical Engineering Technologist
Industrial Fabrication Inc. is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to join our engineering team. We are the OEM of an expanding exciting line of utility vehicles for underground mining, with over 600 units sold around the world. We have several models available as Battery Electric (BEV), with more on the way. If you like to be challenged and thrive in a changing environment, please contact us.
Industrial Fabrication Inc. offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, ongoing development and training.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineering Technologist provides technical support in the planning, design, documentation, and component selection of electrical equipment and control systems for mining utility vehicles built at our facility in Northern Ontario. The successful candidate will take the lead in maintaining, improving and expanding our electrical architecture throughout the Minecat product line.
The Technologist will:
- Design and document electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and maintain such information for future builds
- Competently interpret and create detailed electrical circuit schematics and wiring diagrams
- Select and install peripheral devices such as, vehicle lighting systems, engine control, AC panels, compressors, motors, camera systems
- Identify & document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Design and manufacture special harness assemblies and sub-assemblies that are vehicle specific
Your application should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Graduation from an Engineering Technologist Program or the approved equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the application of the principles and practices of electrical system design, as applied to mobile equipment panels, instrumentation, process control, PLC
- Considerable experience in design, interpreting, updating, and cataloguing of engineering drawings, equipment layouts/schematics, specifications
- Experience utilizing a variety of computer software programs such as AutoCad Electrical, , Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Essential Skills of the Technologist:
- Passion for making excellent new products
- Strong electrical technical skill set
- Strong problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with team and peers within a manufacturing and engineering organization. This includes excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and email.
- Experience with mobile industrial equipment for the underground mining industry would be a valued asset.
- Experience or Exposure to ERP programs, work order systems, etc.
- A combination of office and shop environments.
- Job Type: Full-time Day shift (7:00am - 3:30pm, 5 x 8hr days)
We thank all applicants in advance for their application and interest in Industrial Fabrication Inc., however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send resume/cover letter to Dave Schmidt, Engineering Manager at email@example.com.
Return to Careers Page